T o Y o u
To You was lovingly composed for the Split Second Piano Duo. The work is a musical journal of the ecstasy and anguish of unrequited love.
Your presence in my life has been a great blessing. Your extraordinary brilliance has restored my numb and broken heart. You were already a most cherished friend, but naturally I fell in love with you. Confessing my feelings was one of the most liberating, anxious and ecstatic moments of my life. The disappointment has been painful, and further exacerbated by the fear of losing such a cherished friend. Ultimately, you have awakened my heart and restored my joy by inspiring me to embrace life, even the disappointments. I am alive again!
a musical journal
The work is about twenty-five minutes in duration and consists of two parts, further divided into six chapters, all played without interruption.
1. My Dream of You – an unknown love
2. No Small Coincidence – falling in love
3. Stillness – a love song (for you my dear one – a broken heart beats for you)
4. October 26 – declaring my love for you
5. The Long Winter – lamentation for a love unknown
6. Anticipating Spring – a love song, joy and love will endure for there is beauty in the nature of everything (for you my dear one – a broken heart still beats for you)
The first performance will be April 27, 2019 at Round Top Music Festival, Round Top, Texas by the Split Second Piano Duo, Marc Peloquin & Roberto Hidalgo
The New York City premiere will be on May 31, 2019, KeyedUp Music Project by the Split Second Piano Duo